These photos came out of a Felt Covered Blue Victorian Style Clasp album found in a Lancaster, Ca shop December 2010.
Only one photo has any writing or a name on the back, H.O. Newell is written in pencil on the backside, it could possibly be a Henry Oscar Newell but from history research records I cant find one in with that name in South Dakota.
It seems these photos are all taken in the South Dakota area as the photography studios are listed on almost all of them.
There is a family group photo and looks like a few single photos of some of those in the family photo.
Photograph Studios listed are
1. H. Bruhn, Yankton S.D. – H.O. Newell is taken at this studio
2. Kirby, Yankton, S.D.
3. Canova Sudio, Yankton, S.D.
4. Orths Studio, Scotland, S.D.
5. Janousek Photo Studios, Yankton, S.D. (Janousek and Bruhn Studios were in the same building or side by side at one time as shown by a photo on the internet I found of a parade down the city street where you could see the photography studio banner in the background)
6. S. Hikell, Beresford, S.D.
7. Hjorth, Yankton, S.D.